Monday, November 10, 2014

Changes, kind of......

I done cursed myself ag´in. 

So we knew the changes were coming up again, and based on how President usually does things, there were pretty high chances of me getting changed out of here. So I started thinking about all the options, Leon, Guanajuato, Querétaro, San Miguel, Irapuato, etc. 

I realized that there's no place that I don't want to go in the mission. Every option sounded good, I just wanted to leave here.  

So we get the call
"Elder Vazquez, staying, going to train"
"Elder Arvanitas, leaving, but staying in Celaya, just the north part.." 

Guess I might as well accept that I'm finishing my mission here,  ha ha. My compañero, Elder Oliva, I was in San Juan with him. He's from Honduras. We'll be ZLs together. (For those who don't know, ZL stands for Zone Leader.  Nick will be over a zone instead of a district.  His district was 9 people.  Now he will be over about 20 -40.  It depends on the zone.  He didn't give a number.)

Oh fun fact, that Elder De Hoyos, the area president is coming next Friday

What happened this week... Worst numbers I've ever had. I think it has to do with the whole paranoia stuff, I can't work the same, changes will help though. 

I'm not sure what else to tell you guys though, more than anything, thanks. You mean everything to me. It just took me a while to realize it. 

Obviously I've got lots to change when I get back. 

I've learned more than I could imagine here in these 15 months. Sure I still suck at other things, but I'm working on that. 

Here's an interesting principle that I learned this week. 

I was reading a lot about tolerance, decisions, and about moral relativism. 

It's the idea, that there doesn't exist a right or wrong. That everyone has their own choices and consequences. Basically, the people that don't have an opinion about anything. 

I realized that for the majority of my life, my thinking was like this. 

It talked about how "these type of people seem like the most tolerant people in the world. They accept almost everything. The only thing they that don't agree with is the people against their way of thinking"

As I've been out here on my mission, I realized that I've changed a lot in this aspect. I just couldn't explain it till now. That I've suddenly started to view things as good or bad. 

It goes along with what are eternal truths. Somethings are true, always have been, and always will be regardless of opinions of people, leaders, or even entire nations. 

Where as before my mission I wouldn't care about their opinions, it's their opinions right? But now it's different. 

I don't have time to explain all this. Maybe next week.   :p   If your interested, read about it. 

Love you guys. Talk to you next week

Elder Arvanitas

No comments:

Post a Comment