Monday, April 27, 2015

Unexpected Changes

No pictures today.  Nick is having camera issues.  Hopefully, he can send them next week.  

So turns out I'll be finishing my mission in Querètaro! They called me last night at like 9 saying I had changes to go to Arcos Querètaro. However, that i had to be there Monday at 8 am. to travel with Elder Lefavor because he was called to be an Assistant, in the same ward as me, and also as President. (transfers are usually on Tuesday)

Long story short... I packed all my stuff in 3.5 hours and woke up 5 hours later, and I've been here since 8 am.. I'm tired. 

For my companion...... Elder Galdamez! I was with him in San Juan del Rio and Celaya. We actually got to the mission on the same day. I mentioned him a while back in one of my letters saying he's from Chiapas and that his house is just pure waterfalls and toucans. 

For my house.. It's so nice, ridiculously hot, but nice. We have couches, an oven, CARPET. (I mean it's not the soft fluffy kind, but still it's CARPET), a dining table made of glass etc. 

Area..... all it is, is downtown Queretaro. As far as working goes, it kinda blows, but still it's downtown Queretaro. It's so pretty. 

It's funny how just everything can change in a matter of seconds. 

The best part is this though, 12 hours ago I was taking my last taxi ride in Celaya, heading out to the Central with my luggage. 

I felt sad. (no I didn't cry). But I felt a profound sadness having to leave everything that was my life for about a year. The desert, the cholos, tortas, etc. But most of all, the people. I learned to love Celaya and everyone in it. I'm going to miss it really. It's home. 

Queretaro is home too. Nothing can describe the feeling you get when you leave a "home" to go home. It's going to feel like that leaving Mexico. 

I really feel a deep love for this place. Sure it has it's defects, but love never is about finding something perfect, that meets every expectation. If that what your idea of love is, it's better to just stay home and never do anything with your life. It's about finding something that through all the problems and errors, is worth the sacrifice. 

And through the process of sacrifice, we grow, we change, and we become better.

I've seen it in my life. 

Love you guys, 

-Nick
Here is an online picture of the Arcos in Queretaro.  It's a pretty town.  

No comments:

Post a Comment