Monday, September 22, 2014

Happy Independence Day, Mexico

Well.... 

Todavía estamos chambiando. (We're still workin´) 

Monday night, day of independence... people played music outside our house until 4 o'clock in the morning. You know how much i slept, like 2 hours worth... 

We had another activity this Saturday and.... more than 15 people came! Actually around 80 people came this time! 

The only problem is almost all of my time was put into planning and preparing for this activity this week. You kinda have to do everything (buying materials, putting up decorations, finding projectors and speakers) because if you leave it up to... selective people, it doesn't get done-(He sounds like his mother, ha ha) 

what else... 

Got kicked out of an AA meeting.... of all the places. We went to go support this guy that's trying to quit alcohol, smoking, etc etc, and the people running it threw a hissy fit and told us to leave. 


...I beat the claw game that's in the grocery store!  I now have a stuffed animal that's half snail, half hippopotamus. 


That's about all I got for my week. Nobody took us out for a second dinner or anything...(He's referring to his sister's letter and teasing her at the same time) 

But I started reading about being more successful. (I guess that's what you do when your tired and depressed because it seems like nothing is working :p) 

It talked a lot about being perfect in things that only depend on yourself. You know, even though we haven't had a ton of success out here in Celaya, I love it here. It's honestly one of my favorite areas, and I've grown to love all the people. 

Besides the transvestites that say hi to me. They're creepy. 

I don't regret my time here, I know it's for the right reasons. 

take care, 

Elder Arvanitas 

Nick's claw game prize

Yay dia de independencia!!! 

Maybe this is from too much Independence Day partying.  

A church

No comments:

Post a Comment