Monday, February 23, 2015

Sometimes, there's nothing

So this week, 

Look here. You cant get mad at me because I don't write that much.. I love that you like hearing about my mission, but sometimes nothing happens. Nothing. (For the record, I didn't get mad.  I just asked for a little longer letter.)

Also sometimes stuff happens but it's not the type of stuff you write on the internet to everyone.. 

Like this one time we contacted a guy waiting for the bus, and he missed his bus, so he told us he was going to walk to another bus stop and asked if we would explain more to him. 

So we walked with him and talked. 

Then he was like here let's go down this sketchy street to go to the "bus stop" 

No thanks I'd rather not get shanked today.

We said we were late and walked away. 

Nevertheless, for this week I was in divisions with Elder Trumpet from Tuesday till Saturday. 

Mango season is starting... 

I ate about 23 mangos in 3 days. Life's good. 

There was nothing that really stuck out there. It was a lot of time just walking around, looking for new people. 

There's no real strategy to finding new people.. You cant lay bear traps or hang up nets in the trees or anything. You just have to be spiritual enough, and trust that the people come to you. 

We must of walked around for 4 hours one day and we found nobody. (The sun is coming out now too.) 

and there's nothing. 

So we sit on the side of the road. 

and we pray to find somebody. 

two twos, a taxi pulls up right in front of us and yells "elders" 

It's crazy how fast prayers are answered sometimes, 

I just wanted to end this letter with my simple testimony. 

Yo sé sin duda que Dios nos conoce perfectamente en esta vida. Quiere nuestro felicidad. Por esto mandó su hijo. Quien sufrio para que nosotros no tengamos que sufrir. Nunca. 

Amo esta evangelio. 

Amo ustedes, 

Nos vemos pronto,

-Nick 

(google translate version:I know without a doubt that God knows us perfectly in this life. Wants our happiness. Thus he sent his son . Who suffered for us we will not suffer. Never.

I love this gospel.

I love you,

See you soon ,)
The steak that killed him

Spanish study time

Coconut 

Tic, Tacs, I told you it was a real problem

Water Tower






No comments:

Post a Comment